Learn from professional instructors! Classes include healthy snacks, light meals, and pastry decorating. Hands-on learning! The Vestal Culinary Studio is located within the Arts Park in the Sage Gallery.
Supported by: Foglia Family Foundation, and Donna & Joe Vestal Fund.
Summer Culinary Camp
Tuesday, August 6th – Thursday, August 8th, 2019
Funded in part by a grant from Jewel Osco
“So, with cooking and culinary classes, we realize it’s a creative endeavor to start with and encourage the kids to combine cooking skills with their own creative flair.” Betty Kay Swanson, Event & Program Manager
Your child will learn their way around the kitchen including…
- Basic hand washing techniques
- Proper knife safety and cutting techniques
- Healthy eating and portion control
- Introduced to basic flavor pairings, different food colors and textures, and fun plating techniques
Session 1: 9:00am-12:00pm | Ages 8-10
Session 2: 1:00pm -4:00pm | Ages 11-13
Program fee: $135.00 per camper which includes chef’s apron
Pre-registration is required
Group Private Classes
Book private classes in our Chef Kitchen for Youth.
- Minimum of 8 participants
- Groups such as Girl Scouts, Boy Scouts, Big Brother Big Sister, sports groups, and academic groups are encouraged
- Price based on a curriculum call for availability
- Classes that fulfill Girl Scout Badge requirements and fun patches are available. The Dole is a preferred partner of Northern IL Girl Scouts.
For more information please contact Elizabeth Spiewak, Events & Programs Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org